Sunday, May 29, 2011

We need to support our Neighbours!

Recently members of my community in East Bentleigh where I live have come up against all that challenges us. Last week, one of the primary school mum's was having an afternoon sleep with her 6 month old and her 2 year old, just before school pick up, when she was awoken to smoke filling the house. The house went up and took everything in its path. Mum and kids were physically safe, but what this does psychologically is heartbreaking. Everything in the house was destroyed. They have to start from scratch. They have 5 children ranging from 6mths - 7 years. I have had the privilege of meeting the 2 older children, who are just beautiful.


 I have put myself in their shoes over the last week and cannot even begin to imagine where to start.
We are seeking as much support and assistance that we can, preferably vouchers that the family can use to purchase what they need.
Please email me, or add a comment to my blog if you can help out. A small contribution goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...